Frontline Blog

Tuesday 23 August 2011

David Letterman has mocked the threat made against his life during his first TV appearance since the warning was posted on a jihadist website.


19:04 |




The Late Show host made light of the situation, beginning by thanking his studio audience for being there.
He told them: "You people are more to me, honestly, than an audience - you're more like a human shield."
He added: "Backstage, I was talking to the guy from CBS. We were going through the CBS life insurance policy to see if I was covered for jihad."
Until Letterman delivered his jokes, his situation seemed no laughing matter.
Last week, a frequent contributor to a jihadist website posted the threat against him.
He urged people to "cut the tongue" of the late-night host because of a joke and gesture the comic had made about al Qaeda leaders on a show that was broadcast in June.
"A guy, a radical extremist threatened to cut my tongue out," said Letterman, who then referred to his disastrous stint hosting the Oscars in 1995.
"I wish I had a nickel for every time a guy has threatened that. I think the first time was during the Academy Awards.
"And so now State Department authorities are looking into this. But they could save themselves some trouble. Everybody knows it's Jay Leno."


You Might Also Like :


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...